Thumbnail a PDF from the command line with this Linux one liner
convert -thumbnail x125 file.pdf thumb.png
— Note: This requires Requires Imagemagik
What the script does & how to use it
- cd to the image directory that you wish to make thumbnail of. This is where the thumbnail of the PDF will appear.
- type in the script at the command line
- 125 is the height in pixels of the thumbnails (you can change the number for larger/smaller thumbnails).
- The  is to create a thumbnail for the first page only, if you don’t have the  it will create all the pages of the PDF.
- file.pdf is the name of the file, thumb.png is the thumbnail (which you can rename to anything you want).